Self-confidence is a determining factor for success in athletics. Learning to build self-confidence as well as learning to regain lost confidence requires knowledge, understanding, implementation, and constant maintenance. In this DVD, Dale highlights six key ingredients to build and maintain self-confidence:
1. Understanding Confidence. Learn the answers to these key questions: What is confidence? Where does it comes from? Why is it so important?
2. Self-Talk. Learn to use positive self-talk rather than negative self-talk.
3. Be an Actor. Act confident to assist in building confidence.
4. Trust Yourself. Learn how to use mental cues to assist in developing self-trust, i.e. self-confidence.
5. Competition is the Reward. Embrace competition, rather than fear it.
6. Mistakes Happen. Even the most confident athletes deal with mistakes. Learn strategies for dealing with self-disappointment in ways that will not shatter your confidence.
In each of these areas, Dale provides valuable tips and helpful guidelines that will help you bring confidence to your game!